Towson University, Towson, MD August 2009 – May 2013
Mass Communication/Journalism, BS
Dean’s List 2009-2013
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
Writing, reading & editing
– News writing
– AP Style editing
Excellent communication & people skills
Experience with blogging, social media & mobile technology
Knowledge of Mac & PC
Proficient in Microsoft & Adobe applications
– Word, Excel
– InDesign, Photoshop
Experience with FinalCut Pro, Audacity, Soundslides, HTML coding
Semester at Sea, Spring 2013 Voyage Around the World
– Improved my ability to interact with people of various cultures and backgrounds despite language barriers.
– Taught me how to approach problems from different angles and to think outside of the box.
– Refined my decision-making skills.
Towson Women’s Dive Team, 2009-2012
– Taught me time management and discipline.
The Towerlight, school newspaper, 2011
– Taught me how to layout a newspaper using InDesign.
– Improved my interviewing and people skills.
– Examples of my work in the news section:
In the News: Former County Executive Indicted 2/16/11
TU to join mobile trend 4/11/11
Bridge in works for Osler Drive 4/18/11
Business competition crowns first winners 4/20/11
Advocates working for ‘Meatless Mondays’ 5/2/11
Curator/Editor & Media Researcher (June 2013 – present)
Digital Diversity NatGeo News Watch
Field Office Assistant (Jan. 2013 – April 2013)
Semester At Sea
Server (April 2012 – Dec. 2012)
Bahama Breeze, Towson, MD
Lifeguard (2007 – 2011)
Town of Windsor Recreation & Leisure Services, Windsor, CT
Server (2008 – 2011)
Tunxis Grill Restaurant, Windsor, CT